- Register an Entity as a CPD Service Provider
- Register an Event for CPD purposes
- Register the Presenters per Event
- A CPD Service Provider is an entity that will provide CPD courses.
- Due to new procedures defined by ECSA, every entity has to register anew after 1 August 2021.
- From then on, a copy of the registeration certificate received from ECSA must be submitted to email@example.com for every event (there is no need to register again after receiving the certificate from ECSA)
HOW TO REGISTER AS A CPD SERVICE PROVIDER
(SAIMC is the CPD licensed body)
Registration as a CPD Service Provider is a once – off exercise unless the company information changes.
A. ECDP 7
Download ECDP 7, complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please download this spreadsheet, complete it and send it to email@example.com: ECPD7 together with the documents indicated below:
B. COMPREHENSIVE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The CPD Service Provider is required to provide evidence of a comprehensive QMS related
to the administration and offering of CPD Activities.
The QMS includes the following
- A broad outline of the programme for the forthcoming year
- Document and Data Control mechanism
- Participant Registration process
- A copy of the proposed attendance register
- Intended mechanism for monitoring attendance (per hour or per session) for the duration of the activity
- Attendance certificate that will be provided on completion of the activity
- Method to be used for obtaining feedback or evaluation of the CPD event
- Database containing information of CPD Activities
- Scope of CPD Developmental Activities (registration category, discipline, area of specialisation and type of programme) – see ECPD 7 Attachment
C. COMPANY INFORMATION
- Valid certified company registration certificate
- Company profile
- Valid tax clearance certificate (good standing with SARS or equivalent)
- Refund policy
D. OUTSOURCED ACTIVITIES
Should you wish to outsource CPD accredited events, please provide the following:
- Contingency plans in place if certain services are outsourced to ensure that registered persons
receive the purchased CPD Activities.
- Refund policy
E. THE SAIMC
- As the CPD Licensed Body, the SAIMC is accountable for all events assessed by the SAIMC for CPD purposes. This places the onus on the SAIMC to ensure that events are properly assessed, that attendees receive vaue for their time and money and that proper procedures are followed.
- The SAIMC is required to keep records of attendees, certifications, attendee feedback and planned dates of events.
– see CPD Gazetted Rules for more information
REGISTER AN EVENT FOR CPD PURPOSES
NOW REGISTER THE ACTUAL EVENTS FOR CPD PURPOSES
Evidence of being an ECSA CPD Licensed Body in good standing (after registration was accepted and needs to be provided for each subsequent course). – see above, i.e. Evidence of being registered as a CPD Service Provider (SAIMC is the CPD Assessment Provider) together with the supporting documents identified in the above checklist
STEP 1: Getting the Event Assessed
Please download this Excel spreadsheet to get the event assessed for CPD purposes: CPD-Evaluation-template to complete
- Send your advertisement PLUS the program / agenda to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This will give us sufficient information so that we can send you a quote
- If you accept the quote, you need to send us all the material that will be presented at the event for assessment
- After the assessment, you will be sent an invoice with the CPD number.
After your payment is received, SAIMC will forward the documentation to ECSA to upload to their website.
STEP 2: Register the Presenter / Trainer
- Name and Contact details: Details of the presenter must include the title, name and contact details.
- CV:The presenter’s expertise must be provided in the form of a CV to include experience and educational achievements.
- Certified ID: A certified copy of his/her ID is also required.
- Availability of Presenter: Availability for the period of the activity must be confirmed by the presenter as a signed attachment.
- Change of Presenters: Should the presenter be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, the details of the new presenter must be submitted to ECSA for review together with the motivation for the change.
STEP 3: The Event
- Each attendee needs to be supplied with the following:
- Attendance certificate with the CPD number provided by the SAIMC on the bottom right-hand corner
- Feedback form that needs to be sent to email@example.com after completion
- You need to keep a record of all the attendees. We recommend you send this to firstname.lastname@example.org for record keeping should ECSA decided on an audit
- You need to provide information as to how you are going to ensure that each attendee attended the course.
- A test is a good way of providing evidence that not only did the person attend, but that they got to grips with the material
- You could send a list of multiple choice questions to email@example.com who will place it on our website. A certificate is automaticall generated if the attendee obtains more than 80%.
STEP 4: After the Event
Attendees then log their points on the ECSA website. (They should have received an e-mail from ECSA giving them their registration details for the ECSA portal when they registered with ECSA).
New rules have been Gazetted regarding the CPD activities – see CPD Gazetted Rule4