- Where can I get more information about CPD, course registrations etc.?
- Why is the SAIMC a Voluntary Association of ECSA?
Through ECSA we are driving recognition of Automation as a seperate engineering discipline
To assist ECSA in assessments etc. for Automation staff that want to register as professionals.
So that our members who are registered as professionals may obtain a discount from ECSA.
- What does ECSA know about Automation, Instrumentation, Measurement and Control?
There is a misconception that ECSA has employed many different engineering professionals. This is not true.
ECSA uses people like you and me who are registered as professionals and has experience in your field to assist in the evaluation of the candidates’ experience.
- Why is ECSA placing restrictions on the SAIMC?
ECSA needs to ensure that engineers, technologists and technicians have the theoretical knowledge as well as the experience to apply engineering principles in professional manner.
The purpose and function of the VA is to support ECSA in this drive within their unique area of expertise.
- How can SAIMC assist me with ECSA registration?
- The SAIMC has identified the basis document that you need to complete. This document, if completed properly, will contain the most important facts required for your registration and is used extensively by the Assessors during the evaluation of your experience.
- The SAIMC has also populated this template with examples to show you the type of information that will be required in this document and what type of information is “for information only”.
- Once you have completed this document, you can send that to Admin who will arrange for your document to be assessed before you finalise this document and complete all the other documents required by the registration process.