National – and Regional Member Benefits
National Membership are for those companies whose activities are country wide.
The SAIMC is always looking for partners in their quest for South Africa to participate in the industries of the future driven by out-the-box thinking and empowered by new technologies.
By joining as a National Member, you are contributing to the goals of the SAIMC which includes making sure that you, our member, is successful in your business. As such, you have earned the right to be recognized for your important contribution to our industry. We do this by:
- Ensuring that our members are interviewed by people from our industry when applying for registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa
- The logos of all our National Members are prominently displayed at every event organized by SAIMC and its Branches
- We are your voice to government when it comes to policies that touches our industry directly and in so doing, we remove the need for any individual responses as was the case when the SAIMC communicated with government regarding their B-BBEE policies, COVID-19 issues and 4IR.
- Any training courses being run by National Members will be advertised at no cost to them by means of circulation to all SAIMC members.
- National Members will receive discount for their courses to be assessed for CPD purposes.
- National members will also have their logos displayed on the landing page of the SAIMC website and at the SAIMC annual Gala Dinner (Arguably the most prominent event in the industry)
- Any recent updates received from National Members will be displayed on screen by every Branch before and after meetings and functions.
- The SAIMC often participates in process shows and exhibitions, among others the Africa Automation and Technology and the Electra Mining Exhibitions. The SAIMC has also participated in the Manufacturing Indaba and the MyFuture 4.0 Exhibitions.
- The SAIMC has in 2018 for the first time arranged a SAIMC Pavilion for their National Members to showcase their skills and products in situations where they were not available to showcase a large and expensive stand. More such events are being considered.
- OEM’s can apply for membership to the Supplier Advisory Council where leaders in the supply industry congregate to drive automation in South Africa forward.
- Solution Providers and end users can apply for membership to the End User Advisory Council where leaders in our industry congregate to drive automation in South Africa forward and where the requirements of industry are identified and shared with the Supplier Advisory Council and Education and Training Advisory Council for implementation.
- Education providers can apply to participate in the Education and Training Advisory Council where specialists in our industry congregate to discuss curriculums of the future
- End Users can apply to participate in the End User Advisory Council
- National and Regional Members may participate in the SAIMC Skills Trust Fund in which their B-BBEE contributions of the participating companies are used to:
- Train and educate skilled resources for our industry in Skills Development as well as in Enterprise and Supplier Development
- Provide participants maximum B-BBEE points
- Provide participants with tax incentives by participating in the trust fund
- Assisting your employees to register with the Engineering Council of South Africa.
Regional Membership are for those companies whose activities are concentrated in an area in which the SAIMC Branch operates.
By joining as a Regional Member, you are contributing to the success of the SAIMC Branch you joined and therefore earn to be recognized as such.
- The logos of all our Regional Members will be prominently displayed at every event organized by the SAIMC Branch
- Any training courses being run by Regional Members will be advertised at no cost to them by means of circulation to all SAIMC members of that Branch.
- All vacancies of the Branch Patron Member will be advertised to the Branch at no cost to the Member.
- Regional Members will receive discount for their courses to be evaluated for CPD purposes.
- Regional Members will have their logo displayed on the landing page of the SAIMC website of that branch
- Any new updates received from any Regional Members will be displayed on screen by the Branch before and after meetings and functions.
- Branches may add benefits to their Regional members after the impact has been assessed by Council.
- Branches may hold mini exhibitions for their branch members which includes the National Members with the proviso that National Members who are interested in the mini exhibitions have contributed to a branch in any of the following ways:
- Sponsored and presented during at least one Technical evening OR
- Took at least one sponsorship during the branch’s Golf Day OR
- Entered at least one team in the branch’s Golf Day OR
- Provided at least one sponsorship in one form or another (determined by the branch)