Goal of the EUAC
- Which exhibitions should the SAIMC be supporting and what end – users would like to see at these exhibitions
- Decide on topics for seminars, lectures, webinars to optimise their knowledge and skills
- Establish an Automation discipline based on the Automation Federation’s Competency Model (the position of Enterprise Integration Practitioner has already been approved by ECSA).
- Drive the Automation Federation job descriptions and modify where required
- Optimise the knowledge and skills of Automation personnel by doing an in-depth analysis of the Mechanician, Technician, Technologist and Engineer training programs. Determine the gaps between what education provides and what industry actually requires. Then develop a way to close those gaps.
- Create a schedule whereby students can rotate among companies to ensure that they will be able to register as professionals after three years.
- Government and other Interaction including discussions with Chambers of Commerce: Create a platform in which members within the Automation field (including Mechatronics and Procccess automation) can discuss issues of national importance
- Define End User requirements for the new Automation discipline, responding with a unified voice instead of responding as individual companies. (Responding as individual companies may lead to targeting after responses have been received).
Criteria for Membership
Any organisation satisfying the following criteria may apply for membership of the End Council:
- Any receiver of services from or for the industrial automation industry may apply for membership of the End User Council.
- Members of the End User Council must be members in good standing of the SAIMC
- The President and CEO of the SAIMC shall be an ex officio member of each End User Council Committee
- Members shall be individuals who represent their organizations as heads of those organizations and shall typically be the Chief Maintenance Engineer, Chief C&I Engineer or person with equivalent responsibilities
Application for Membership
- Application for membership of the Council shall be made in writing, in compliance with the criteria set down by the Supplier Council from time to time, to the Secretary of the Supplier Council.
- Applicants shall be required to furnish such information as may be required by the Supplier Council.
- Applications for membership of the Supplier Council shall be considered by the Supplier Council at the next meeting following receipt of such application by the Secretary
- Acceptance of such application shall be by 90% majority of the members at the next meeting of the Supplier Council.
- The Supplier Council shall not be obliged to assign any reason for refusal/admission to membership. Reasons for the refusal shall be submitted to the President and CEO.
- Should admission to membership be refused by the End User Council, the applicant shall have the right of appeal to the next general meeting of the End User Council.
- An applicant to whom admission to Membership is refused shall be entitled to a refund of any Entrance Fee and/or Subscriptions paid on application.
- Such a member will retain the SAIMC membership status regardless of the outcome of the application although the SAIMC EXCO has the right to act on the information of the Supplier Council and review the applicant’s status within the SAIMC.
- Any member who has resigned or been expelled from Membership of the End User Council may be re-admitted to Membership on such terms and conditions as the End User Council may determine.
- Any member may resign from the Supplier Council by giving written notice to the Supplier Council Secretary and the amount of any current Annual Subscription shall remain due and payable in full.
- A member who resigns from Membership of the Supplier Council shall not have any claim on the Funds of the Supplier Council.
In the event of a member of the Supplier Council no longer being eligible for membership of a member organization he represents; he will vacate his seat or resign.
- A replacement will be elected at the next meeting of the Supplier Council. In the case of the member being part of the management committee, the Vice Chair will take over the responsibilities of the office in the interim..